COLORIMETER DIGI WITH KIT & 6 X CUVETTE 9V BATTERY
The Digital Colorimeter is microprocessor controlled and
designed for the classroom or laboratory. For simplicity of use and to avoid loss of parts, 4
coloured LED light sources covering red, yellow, green and blue bands of the spectrum are
used and separate colour filters are avoided. LED selection is manual so the student is
involved in some decision making, but all functions of zero calibration, range changing and
the controlling of LEDs are performed by the microprocessor.
If the inbuilt 9V battery is flat, the display shows ‘bat’ and, as on many IEC designs, a
normal 240/12V.AC or DC plug pak can be used. If no button has been pressed for a period
of 10 minutes, the instrument turns itself off to conserve battery power.
The set of Colorimeter parts is fitted into soft foam compartments. The set contains:
• 1x Colorimeter instrument with accuracy within +/- 2%.
• 1x Two piece tubular shroud to eliminate ambient light.
• 6x Small square standard cuvettes (plastic)
• 3x Standard glass test tubes 15-16mm diameter
• 1x 9V type 216 transistor battery
• 1x Instruction sheet including several experiments